Sunday, July 13, 2008

Deceptively Delicious Works!

I just picked up the Deceptively Delicious cookbook by Jessica Seinfeld at the library. The idea behind this cookbook is that you puree fruits and vegetables and then include them in the recipe so that the kids won't even notice. I've tried quite a few of the recipes so far including the French toast, PB&J muffins, frozen smoothie popsicles, brownies, scrambled eggs, and chicken rice balls. The French toast and scrambled eggs have worked out the best so far. I have similar cookbooks like Moms' Mealtime Makeovers, Healthy Kids Cookbook and Super Baby Food but I've found these recipes to be the most "user-friendly". I've been pureeing my own fruits and vegetables but I'm wondering if some people use baby food?

In any event, I like knowing that my children are getting more fruits and vegetables than they otherwise would have if I used a standard recipe.

No comments: